Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Zero clearance insert for Craftsman table saw

In article .com,
Bob Mill wrote:
That's kinda was I was thinking, but here's a dumb question. Since
they old insert clipped into the table, but plywood insert isn't going
to be able to do that. How do you guys secure your homemade insert
into the opening?

I make mine with a small tab at the back that just slips under the saw
table top when the insert is in place. The blade rotation makes it
unlikely that the insert will raise at the front of the insert. At
least, I've never had any trouble with that. I couldn't get to your
link, does your saw use a sheet metal insert?

..
--
A man who throws dirt loses ground.

Larry Wasserman - Baltimore Maryland -