Posted to alt.home.repair
Big Al Big Al is offline

Default Gas water heater question

"Terry" wrote in message

"Big Al" wrote in message

"Terry" wrote in message
What you're describing sounds like a flame guard system.

No idea what it is. The tube is about 180 from the gas control. Comes

out
the bottom of the heater where the gas burner is, travels up the rear of
the
tank, then merges into a flat stamped steel assembly that takes it to

the
flue. The tube is painted white, so it doesn't get hot. Unless it's

double
walled?? Before I posted here, -zero, I searched the web and found
nothing.
Apparently you thought the tube was inside the heater and I have X-Ray
vision

No not X-ray. Try this.
http://www.americanwaterheater.com/W...Line/lpg72.pdf

Does it look like this?

All except for the top and the blower. His has no blower. I called him to
see if he could find a brand name on it, but he's in California on
vacation

Al