Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill buffalobill is offline

Default Can I make/sew a cover using awning-grade canvas

depending on your climate: perhaps a vinyl coated awning material and
some outdoor quick grab glue.

Puddin' Man wrote:
Hi,

Is it practical to get some scraps from an awning fabricator and
sew or otherwise fashion a cover for the AC Condensing Unit in
my backyard?

For those about to recommend leaving the AC-CU uncovered, don't.
I've already evaluated that, and I definitely need a cover for
my purposes. Also don't need advice re % coverage, etc. I got
that figgered.

Just don't know if canvas is best. Never worked with it.

AC-CU is rectangular, top is about 30" square. The side of the
cover would extend down maybe 18".

Is it practical to just get a big sewing needle (I might have 1),
lay it out, cut the canvas (scissors?) and sew it?

Thanks,
Puddin'

Pease pudding hot,
Pease pudding cold,