Posted to rec.woodworking
oldworldwood oldworldwood is offline

Default New Craftsman bandsaw

I spent alot of time looking at band saws my self, plus I talked to
quite a few wood workers of many types. I looked at American made
Delta's, plus Jets. It came down to 4 saw's Craftsman 12" or
14". Jet 14" and a older 14" Delta USA made a friend
had for sale. When I walked in to Sear's and saw the 12"
Craftsman it won by a land side. There is no saw build today that can
touch it with all that Craftsman offers with there saw. Plus for only
$80 bucks you can get a 5 year warranty that covers everything but
the blade. No other Mfg can touch that, or offers that kind of
coverage, not ever close. You could resaw the Cascade Forest and if
it breaks down your covered. So anyone who complains about there
Craftsman saw must have missed the boat on there buy.(should have got
the warranty) As far as the blades go there easy to get. I have found
2 companys that sell the blades in a huge assortment of sizes(very
good prices also). So you just need to have a few back ups on the
wall. It is a wonderful saw. Study a few other saws out there, and go
see them. Then go see the Craftsman 12" band saw, it looks like
most $700 to $800 or better easy. Built like a tank. I am not sure
who built the saw for Sears, but it is outstanding. I am around tools
alot. I run a tool dept for Lowe's. I see many type's of tools day in
and day out. My only regret is that Lowe's doesn't carry that type of
quality in saw's.