Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden raden is offline

Default Slick marketing by Vaillant but it leaves me wondering.

In message , John
Rumm writes
Ed Sirett wrote:

Part of me is truly impressed with the design which makes a whole range of
models from the same production line. Part of me is wondering by
what mechanism can a the huge price differentials be maintained ( £815
versus £1009) for essentially a firmware difference.

Much the same way as a Mini One can be turned into a Cooper with a
software swap and yet the price differential is still maintained. The
average driver/fitter is probably not well enough clued up on these
things to cause a problem for the makers on a large scale.

How is the firmware held on the boiler (i.e. EPROM, Flash etc)?

In Hong Kong there is probably someone who sells grey market chip upgrades...

I was thinking more like a quick download from the 31kW one! ;-) (at
least that way they could not say you were not using genuine firmware)

You think they'd be so stupid as to make the ucontroller programmable?

Thick - not stupid

and Ian - what does a chip pirate want with CORGI registration (smileys
aside) ?

makes me think about that silly woman doctor on breakfast TV, who said
to make sure you buy parts from a CORGI registered merchant

CORGIS install (by definition)

--
geoff