Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ball Park estimate for repair of GE Refrigerator Compressor

If a hard start kit gets the compressor going, about $150. If the
compressor needs replacing, $300 to 400.

Freon leaks are a wild card, they are often near to impossible to
find.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
ps.com...
I am considering buying a used GE Monogram Refrigerator, (42" side by
side, worth lots when working) but it has a known bad compressor and
likely a Freon leak.

What would be best case to worst case estimate range for these
repairs.

Example : 300 - 700

I would like several people to respond and that will give me a really
good feel of my total investment needed to get this refrigerator
working.

Thanks,
Tom