Posted to alt.home.repair
Charlie Bress Charlie Bress is offline

Default Ball Park estimate for repair of GE Refrigerator Compressor

wrote in message
ps.com...
I am considering buying a used GE Monogram Refrigerator, (42" side by
side, worth lots when working) but it has a known bad compressor and
likely a Freon leak.

What would be best case to worst case estimate range for these repairs.

Example : 300 - 700

I would like several people to respond and that will give me a really
good feel of my total investment needed to get this refrigerator
working.

Thanks,
Tom

I recently had the compressor in an upright freezer go bad. The service guy
quoted $600 and advised against putting that much money in when a new unit
was essentially the same price. This was an independent repair company that
wasn't trying to sell a new appliance.

Charlie