Posted to alt.home.repair
plasma800 plasma800 is offline

Default How deep are power and gas lines normally?

plasma800 wrote:
I had my yard marked for utilities and of course, my PRIME spot for a
flowerbed is littered with gas and power.

How deep do they lay those lines?

Can I get away with digging 6 inches? 12 inches?

Maybe build the bed higher than normal behind a retaining wall?

Ok check out

http://www.ttechnologyinc.com/backyard.png

On the drawing, to the right side, you will see my bed layout and line
layout.
The only thing right now that actually exists is the porch and the bed
to the left of the porch and the shed.

The green circles in the corner are where i would like to have tall
shrubs for privacy. If I have to use large containers, I will.