Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
Ken Weitzel Ken Weitzel is offline

Default Modem Phone line filter

Bob Urz wrote:
Anybody got a good resource on how to build a phone line filter?
I am near a AM radio tower and its really killing my dial up modem
at times. I tried a DSL filter in line. but i think the AM band is
not getting attenuated enough to do much good.

Its hard to peg characteristics. Would a modem be considered a 200 ohm
nominal load on the phone line?

What type of filter for AM radio?

Dual inline inductors?
parallel capacitor with series resistor maybe?

Any ideas or links?

Hi Bob...

Spent my working lifetime in broadcast, so can virtually guarantee
that you don't have to do a thing

Just call the station, ask for the Chief Engineer, and tell him of
your problem.

If your country is anything like Canada, he'll be there in a flash,
and all of your problems will be gone

If you want him there even faster'n a flash, just ask him if
you're supposed to be telling him about the problem, or should
it be the DOT/FCC/whatever country you're in

Take care.

Ken