Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Morse Morse is offline

Default Sony Discman -- skiips on upper tracks

"Homer J Simpson" wrote in message

"Morse" wrote in message

Far better is a light oil designed for electronic servicing. Even DIY
shop light oil like 3 in 1 is better than WD40, and that's rubbish as it
tends to gum up tiny bearings. WD40 tends to migrate as well- it will end
up in places it can do more harm than good.

If you are saying that 3-in-1 oil is bad you are correct.

Yes, I wouldn't use it for anything worth more than a PC case fan, and even
then it gums up fairly quickly. It's still better than WD40 though!

Off topic slightly, I've had great results restoring PC fans by lubricating
them with MolySlip, a car oil treatment compound. They seem to go on for
years!

Morse