Posted to alt.electronics
John Fields John Fields is offline

Default 3 LEDs and 3 Switches..

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 09:30:40 -0500, "Wombat-Pipex-News"
wrote:

Thanks John.
Though Now you said that I can see where its at. Ive already done that side
of the design.
I was intending to run the LEDs via step down resistor and a Transistor.
Thats how the Voice box bit works, so I was just following on from that.
I understand why they are used.
Thanks again, will post a vid on YouTube once Ive finished the board.
Im also adding a DTMF Chip to the 8 LEDs to give of a small bleep as they
light.
Just wondering (as Ive not got a chip to play with) if the Tone is constent
from a 5089.?

---
Yes. as long as TONE ENABLE is high and you've got valid row and
column inputs to the chip, you'll get a tone out. But why are you
planning on using a 5089 when you could easily make a gated
oscillator from the leftover NORs in my circuit?
---

Coz if it is Ill have to add a small cut off delay. Can't have the thing
bleeping for every. :-)

---
OK

--