Old Nick

Default Hydraulics questions (a bit long)

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 16:20:19 GMT, "Toolbert"
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

I will try the smaller hose size. The danger of hoses bursting is not
unknown this machine anyway, so new lines too smalle are probably the
least of my worriesG

This is actually an industrial setup, but old.

I haven't had the pleasure of operating anything with high-quality fine
touch control. It's second nature to just throttle down. I spent a bit of
last summer operating a little excavator within inches of a building and
tried hard to not punch any extra holes. Spent a lot of time near idle.

I think with a farm tractor you just deal with its limits. It'll have
enough other limits. If the hydraulic system is not properly sized or
designed it'll still get the job done, just with more risk of breaking
something. (An engineeered system will have all the cylinder bores sized
to the mechanical design so full pressure won't bend things.)

Adding a flow limiter is beyond my depth. I like the suggestion about
going with smaller hoses, though there is more risk of blowing the hoses
with pressure surges from mechanical shock.

Bob

Spike....Spike? Hello?