Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Norm uses a tool without a tail?

"George" wrote in message
. ..

"RayV" wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:

McFeelys sells an adapter for Yankee screwdrivers that accepts regular
1/4" driver bits. Just enter "yankee" in their search box on
www.mcfeelys.com

Thanks guys. Any truth to the comments I have seen that a twist bit
won't cut when chucked in a yankee driver? I can't see any reason why
they wouldn't work.

Turning them the right direction?

There's also the matter of force vs diameter vs stock hardness. With a
small twist bit in soft wood the Yankee will just screw the bit in, not
drill with it. The main benefit of the Yankee bits IMO is that they won't
screw into the wood.

I used to have a Yankee and a set of bits--walked off a long time ago
though.