Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb Tim Lamb is offline

Default Advice please on what hand saw to buy

In message . com,
Weatherlawyer writes

Tim Lamb wrote:
In message .com,
"

The OP message that Tim Lamb stupidly snipped was asking for
information about the plethora of handsaws available these days.

Sorry:-)

I was just giving my current views on hardpoint saws rather than advice.

[more snipping..]

Tell me how you would get around a nail with an old fashioned saw.

Re-sharpen or be a lot more careful.

I suppose my gripe is that bi-metal cutting blades are hardly new
technology and could perhaps be incorporated in a saw designed for long
life. The issue of tooth design and quality of setting/sharpening may
depend more on the target market and price than actual performance in
use.

regards

--
Tim Lamb