Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default Check the box!

Owain wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

I can see the headlines now...
Man is assulted over missing cheese piece!
A man was arrested today at an Asda supermarket.
The who has not yet been named, attacked another man namely joe public.
Mr joe public told the local rag that the attacker got in a miff
because I
asked the cashier to check the box for any missing cheese pieces as I
didn't want to come back half hour later demanding an exchange or refund.

I don't know about Asda cheese pieces, but Tesco checkout operators are
trained to open boxes of eggs and check for cracked ones.

LOL

They usually ask me if I have checked my eggs. My standard reply is 'yes
there are 7, or sometimes I say that there are 8 eggs in the box'.
Always brings a smile to their face :-)

Dave