Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Mark is offline

Default Drain rods question

Grunff wrote in message
phil wrote:
Are 'old' and new drain rod sets usually compatible in terms of the
screw fittings?

I ask because I have a set of (orange) propylene drain rods which
aren't quite long enough for my drains so I was going to buy a new set
to add to the length. This existing set is possibly 10 or so years old
(at a rough guess).

There are two types, locking and non-locking. Both are readily
available. They are not compatible with each other.

There are a lot more then just two types, I have a set of locking rods with
a spring pin, which will connect with older bamboo rods (but not lock).
I also have a set with a bayonet type connection.

-