Posted to alt.home.repair
plasma800 plasma800 is offline

Default How deep are power and gas lines normally?

wrote:
had a fella do 'dirt work' on my folks' yard back in 2001. He hit the
cable line about 10 places, but didn't hit gas or electric... I'd
imagine that guy knew exactly how deep they were and didn't worry in
the slightest.

He ran a tiller box too... and those dig fairly deep.

CALL YOUR ELECTRIC COMPANY. Why do you want to DIY something that
could make you RIP? Everyone needs a little help sometimes. This is
one of those cases.

Agreed,

Im also considering utilizing LARGE pots and containers for a lot of
the area over the power line. It kinda sucks that the best part of my
yard is littered with gas, cable, power and phone!

Im going to cook up a little drawing for some help planning.

I figure though if I follow this idea. 6" deep in the ground, 2 to 3
foot retaining wall, large containers for large shrubs and smaller
plants in the soil for cover and maybe even ground cover like asian
jasamine, mixed with a small pond built above ground, it could turn out
real nice.