Posted to rec.woodworking
No Spam No Spam is offline

Default Craftsman Table Saw ---- What's the yellow circle for?

bremen68 wrote:
Howdy all... Pop always said the only dumb question is the one you
won't ask... What is the yellow plastic circle/plug for on the older
(possibly newer) C-man a0" contractor style table saws? The plug is
located in the table top right before the blade insert.

I didn't get a manual with my saw and I've wondered what it's there
for. I think it has "exact cut" or something like that on it. (I'm
working from memory and didn't feel like waiting till I got home to
post the question.. A. Because I'd probably forget -- again and/or B.
SWMBO or the youngins would keep me hoppin and I'd probably forget ---
again... ;-) )

Thanks...

I actually think it was meant to be more of a safety feature. It allows
you to know where the blade will cut without lifting or removing the
blade guard. I used to own a Craftsman table saw, but I never recall
using the feature. That being said, some people might find it useful,
and at least Sears was trying to make an improvement. It definitely
does not hurt anything or get in the way.