Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Craftsman Table Saw ---- What's the yellow circle for?

"bremen68" wrote in message
oups.com...
Howdy all... Pop always said the only dumb question is the one you
won't ask... What is the yellow plastic circle/plug for on the older
(possibly newer) C-man a0" contractor style table saws? The plug is
located in the table top right before the blade insert.

I didn't get a manual with my saw and I've wondered what it's there
for. I think it has "exact cut" or something like that on it. (I'm
working from memory and didn't feel like waiting till I got home to
post the question.. A. Because I'd probably forget -- again and/or B.
SWMBO or the youngins would keep me hoppin and I'd probably forget ---
again... ;-) )

Thanks...

It is used to indicate where you line of cut is. Use your miter gauge set
at 90 degrees and cut a small amount off the end of a board. With out
letting the board slip on the gauge, pull the board and gauge back until the
board is covering 1/2 the yellow spot and use a pencil, fine point permanent
marker, or utility knife to mark a line along the fresh cut edge of that
board. Repeat for the other side of the blade.

Use the line/lines on the yellow spot for reference to align your future
cuts.