Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer Weatherlawyer is offline

Default Queens speech

Phil L wrote:
The Wanderer wrote:
On 15 Nov 2006 08:15:38 -0800, wrote:

The Queens speech made mention of a planning reform bill. No further
info on BBC News website other than "details will be published next
year".

Err, it wasn't to be a bill, but 'will publish proposals to reform the
planning system'. I guess that'll mean any changes won't happen in
the life of this parliament.

Nor in the lives of anyone here probably!

next time we hear of it it will be called, 'the feasibility study into
working out the possibility and plausibility of forming a study group for
looking into the proposals of possible reform to the planning system', IE
just another mechanism for swallowing vast amounts of cash while doing
nothing.

I watched the story of the Herald of Free Enterprise that night and
listened to the pie eater in chief giving us moral outrage about the
safety design and valuable promises about what that lot of scammers
would do if it were them.

The narrator went on to point out that the ships still don't have to
have bow door safety controls installed. But at least it gave the
Labour party a chance to bone up on not getting any government
department covered in poo whenever they hold an inquiry.

They may be sock puppets and spin doctors but they know how to ruin a
country properly. They could almost be Tories.