Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Jointer/Planer Hijack

"Tom Watson" wrote in message
On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 02:51:10 +0000 (UTC), Andrew Barss
wrote:

Swingman wrote:
: "Doug Miller" wrote in message

: Like I said... I can remember I time when you actually made useful
: contributions, instead of insults and abuse. Sad.

: Naaah , what's REALLY "sad" is that the above is from someone who's

raised
: cavilling to a new level in the wRec the past couple of years.

Nonsense. The objections he's raised to your posts, and to
Watson's, are the opposite of
cavilling. They're to the point, objective, and factual.

You, on the other hand, suffer from the same problem
Doug Miller noted for Tom Watson, except
you've been doing it for a longer time, apparently.

-- Andy Barss

Andy:

I know that you inhabit a world superior to his but I would recommend
that you look again at an old book by A.J. Ayer called Language, Truth
and Logic. If your Linguistics are not circumscribed to an analysis
of 0 and 1, it might be enjoyable for you to compare his notion of
facticity to yours.

In Andrew's case it is doubtful whether Ayer would have much effect. The
prognosis for advance cases of anal rigor mortis, AKA "tightass", whereby
the convulsing sphincter further increases the detrimental effect of the
rarified air of academia on a brain embedded that far up, is devastating ...
as we've just observed.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/29/06