Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking
T T is offline

Default OT Fahrenheit

In article ,
says...
On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 22:17:32 -0500, krw wrote:

Those were all designed for office environments. Mainframes most
certainly were not, and it had nothing to do with paper (I/O was
seldom in the same room).

Any of the air cooled machines could run damn near anywhere. When I
got to Florida (From the glass house data centers of DC) I saw it
happening. A "computer room" was a bay in a strip mall or industrial
center. That was also the first time I ran into red leg delta power
and the first time I saw "no raised floor" since the 1401 and mod 30
days.

We stipulated a raised floor because we could. And it has come in handy,
from snaking a power whip over to the telephone switch (An Avaya
Prologix) or running network cabling to server racks, etc.

http://blip.tv/file/67664