Posted to alt.home.repair
Smarty Smarty is offline

Default AprilAir/ Whole home humidifier cost range?

I bought my Aprilaire from a dealer in Wisconsin. It is their best model
which automatically compensates for outdoor temperature. It cost about $250
as I recall, and took a couple hours for me to install it. It has been
outstanding for the last 2 years since I put it in. It replaced an older
Aprilaire I had installed in the mid 1980's which was still working fine
after 20+ years of service but did not have the automatic compensation
feature I wanted.

Smarty

"Bob the Brewer" wrote in message
ups.com...
I bought a whole house humidifer from http://www.alpinehomeair.com/ in
Rockford Illinois. It came with a DVD on how to install it, but I
ended up chickening out after watching the DVD a few times, so I called
a local HVAC contractor to come do it. It cost me two hours of labor
to get it installed. I don't remember the exact hourly rate... but it
was still cheaper in the end to have it installed this way than if I
had bought it locally with installation included.

sb wrote:
Hi

Can anybody tell me whats a normal or good price to get a AprilAir/
Whole home humidifier installed?

Thanks