Posted to sci.electronics.basics,alt.electronics,alt.music.makers.electronic,sci.electronics,sci.electronics.design
Jim Douglas Jim Douglas is offline

Default Sound Recording ChipSet?

I want to make a small device that will record basic sound snippets, for
example, depending on the size of the memory, 100-500 3-5 seconds sound
snippets. It needs to be real small, possibly the size of a matchbook.

Any ideas on where to look, I have googled for sound chips and found
way tooo much. I am thinking there must be some type of chip that I
could i/f with memory to record and store the data, no playback in the
device as that would be done in the computer. It would need to be able
to record in a format that could be played on a PC, quality should be
good but not CD/FM quality.

Thanks!

Jim Douglas