Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
[email protected] l.vanderloo@rogers.com is offline

Default Sandpaper

Hi Salmo

Salmo, I'll give you another tip for not burning your fingers on the
sandpaper. TURN DOWN THE SPEED !!!!
That way the wood will not get to hot as well, it's the better of the
two IMO.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Salmo wrote:
Other tips on sandpaper and using it....

To keep your fingers from burning while sanding place a small piece of
folded cloth behind the paper. It's an old trick that our instructor said
won't be found in a book. Works great!

And...(many already know this I'm sure)....I was tearing off strips of
sandpaper only to discover after sanding that I forgot to write the number
on them. Yesterday a light came on :O) If the strips are torn top to
bottom instead of sideways the number is always there. (Hey - everyone has
to see something for the first time!)

Keith