Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Gluing up a turning block

"Toller" wrote in message

"Tim W" wrote in message

"Toller" wrote in message
I am probably making too much out of this, but it is my first time and
all
that.

I am gluing up a turning block; sandwiching spalted maple between wenge.
What glue to use? Is PVA adequate, or polyurethane, or epoxy?

[...]

As others said PVA is fine ... but...
between the very stable wenge and the less stable maple you may get some
creeping, and if you end up with a fine reflective finish you may have a
slight glue line. Epoxy or cascamite would be better for that reason, but
they may blunt your turning tools a bit more.

I did a search and found cascamite is an English name for
Urea-Formaldehyde glue; but I don't find that for sale. Is it not used in
the US?

Weldwood Plastic Resin Glue.