Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default Near Disaster Today!

Wed, Nov 15, 2006, 8:24pm (EST+5) (Toller) doth sayeth:
I was cutting a 3.5" piece of glued up wenge into a turning block. The
blade bound when I tried to cut to small a radius and suddenly cut real
good; through the remaining wood and into my finger. snip

OK. I read what you were doing, and the results.

HOWEVER, you did NOT tell HOW you were doing it. So we don't know
if it was a real accident, or you've been watching too much Junk
Brothers.

Next time you might want to remember to keep you body parts out of
line with the whirley parts. That's why pushsticks were invented -
unless you were using a bandsaw - in that case you obviously shoulda
made a jig or fixture to hold the piece, or at least not forced it,
which seems to be what you did.

JOAT
Democratic justice. One man, one rock.