Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] randy.bates@vanderbilt.edu is offline

Default Advice on new Dishwasher Features

Hi, Guys.

I'm considering a new DW soon and wanted your opinion/experience with
the following:

1) Is a stainless steel tub better that a plastic tub? I've had both
in the past, but don't really know if the extra money for a SS tub is
worth it.

2) Self Cleaning screen with impeller or not? I'm looking at the
Bosch and Kenmore dishwashers and each has a manual clean filter vs. an
impeller/self-cleaning one.

I know most people like the convenience of a self-cleaning filter, but
my personnal experience with an impeller is that it's something to
eventually go wrong or break. They either get jammed with an object or
just fail. I don't mind periodically cleaning a manual filter. Is one
superior over the other??

Thanks to everyone for your time and help,

Randy