Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dan Dubosky Dan Dubosky is offline

Default Sony Discman -- skiips on upper tracks

I have a Sony Discman CD Compact Player, model D-E301, which skips on the
upper tracks. On a disc with 17 tracks, it starts to skip a little on track
15 and gets worse on 16 and 17. I've already cleaned the lens with some
alcohol. Any suggestions?

I've never had this thing apart and today I tried getting it apart by
attempting to take out the small Phillips head screws on the bottom, each of
which has an arrow next to it. Seeing the arrows, makes one think that
these screws are removable, but I cannot remove them. Are they glued in?

Thanks,
Dan