Posted to rec.woodworking
Chuck Chuck is offline

Default Do mortising attachments for drill presses work?

Toller wrote:
I just got a LN 12" Delta at an auction for $80.

Ebay has a mortising attachment locally. Do they work, or are they just
aggravation?
I have never actually made a motise, so it is hard to say how many I will be
doing.

I have the Delta drill press mortising attachment. After having bought
it, I came to realize that the drill press is not really well suited
for this type of work. As others have mentioned, set up is tedious and
your DP is tied up until you break it down again.

I have seen the Beadlock loose tenon system (http://www.beadlock.com/)
and, although I haven't bought it yet, it looks like a great idea. They
try to sell you the tenon stock but I think I would just opt for the
router bit and make my own. Anyone here tried this system?

Chuck