Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default Mirror adhesive OK?

Andy Burns wrote:
Lobster wrote:

Doors are very old (and do have this film reinforcement on the back),
so maybe predate some regulation or other?

Mine are about 15 years and I think were made (or at least re-badged) by
Stanley, they have a greenish colour backing film, and on closer
inspection a sticker that says "ACMETRACK please do not remove" is that
similar to yours?

No my film is transparent; no labels.

Do report back on any successful (or failed) attempt at cutting them :-)

Will do!

Separate but related query: this mirror is in effect going to fit
within an alcove-type space where it is constrained on three out of four
sides. So it needs accurate cutting.

Difficulty is that of course none of the walls are true, so ideally I'd
prepare a paper template before attacking the mirror, but I'm all out of
sheets of paper 7'x3'. Any alternatives to sellotaping together an
entire edition of The Times?!

David