Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Wanderer The Wanderer is offline

Default Queens speech

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 16:55:57 GMT, Phil L wrote:

The Wanderer wrote:
On 15 Nov 2006 08:15:38 -0800, wrote:

The Queens speech made mention of a planning reform bill. No further
info on BBC News website other than "details will be published next
year".

Err, it wasn't to be a bill, but 'will publish proposals to reform the
planning system'. I guess that'll mean any changes won't happen in
the life of this parliament.

Nor in the lives of anyone here probably!

next time we hear of it it will be called, 'the feasability study into
working out the possibility and plausability of forming a study group for
looking into the proposals of possible reform to the planning system', IE
just another mechanism for swallowing vast amounts of cash while doing
nothing.

Nah, that's all been done. Actually I looked up the briefing paper issued
by the PM's Office, and it seems as though it's primarily aimed at LAs, to
speed up the time to get planning decisions. Didn't see anything
immediately relating to building regs, etc. Time will tell......

--
the dot wanderer at tesco dot net