Posted to rec.woodworking
bf bf is offline

Default Comments wanted on Jet JPM-13CS Planer/Molder

Bruce Barnett wrote:
Another question - if I have one of these, do I need a thickness planer?

I'd be using it to make thin stock for boxes. I have a bandsaw, but the
surface is rough after resawing. It would be for occasional use.

I guess I don't understand.. it was my understanding that this machine
is a thickness
planer.

If your primary use is cleaning up thin bandsawn pieces, you might be
better off with a drum sander. I'm not sure how thin the boards can go
before the planer tears them up.
I know I've seen articles where people put thin stock on a sled and run
it through the planer, but I've never tried it.