Posted to alt.home.repair
Malcolm Hoar Malcolm Hoar is offline

Default CONTRACTORS: Do they target women or...will people ever learn to ignore the trolls?

In article , wrote:

You'll also know how to dig out other sources of data
and note how frequently contractors (of various kinds)
consistently deliver lower customer satisfaction than
most other industries.

You really don't get it, do you?

Actually I do.

You are citing pseudo data.

Let me use myself as an example. At this moment, I have a very
unhappy woman client. She has complained to the BBB.

Oh right. Your personal rendition of a single annecdote
trumps a year of BBB data.

Her lawyers have told her she is wrong and unreasonable. My lawyers
have told her she is wrong and unreasonable. The BBB has told her
there is nothing they can do.

So, her complaint is unresolved.

Which means that 100 percent of the complaints against me in the last
ten years are unresolved

Which means that all the complaints against me by female clients in
the last ten years are unresolved.

Another way of looking at it: I have NEVER YET been willing to
resolve a dispute with a female client.

Or perhaps another statistic --- of 57 female clients in the last ten
years, only one was a whacko.

Well, if that's your data, that's your data and I won't
argue with it. But it isn't going to change my view of
the world one jot.

Please, please, please. If you want to think contractors are crooks,
do so. If you want to say you think contractors are crooks, say so.

I think some contractors are crooks (and some are not).
I think that contractors as a group deliver lower
customer satisfaction than many other industries.
I think those positions are supported by the best
data we have available.

Those positions are also supported by my own personal
experiences although I would expect the rest of the world
to dismiss that tiny sample.

But please, leave the numbers alone.

BBB's numbers (and others if you care to look for them)
speak for themselves.

Gary Player. |

http://www.malch.com/ Shpx gur PQN. |