Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] sdrost01@hotmail.com is offline

Default my poor garbage disposal

I am an amateur artist, just beginning to learn this craft. Last night
I made the boneheaded mistake of pouring leftover acrylic paint into my
garbage disposal. Now my poor garbage disposal appears to be jammed
tight - it only hums when I switch it on (which I only do for a second,
because I don't want to burn out the motor).

I don't actually have any direct proof that the paint caused the
problem, but my gut instinct tells me it did. Acrylic paint can be
dissolved with acetone, but if I pour this into the garbage disposal,
won't it all just run through and go down the drain? (The drain itself
isn't plugged; water still flows through, but the unit won't spin).

Does anyone have any suggestions?

tiger