Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default Electrician's On Site Guide: 7th ed vs 8th?

Andy Wade wrote:
Lobster wrote:

Keep meaning to get myself a copy of the OSG, and someone's just
offered me the 7th ed - that's the 7th edition of the guide to the
16th edition regs - all very confusing!

The OSG doesn't have an edition no. as such, so be careful. The current
edition has a brown cover and was last revised in 2004 to incorporate
the change in wiring colours. The one before that was blue. What
colour is the one you've being offered?

Ah.

There's been some misunderstanding he it transpires the book is
actually the "Electrician's Guide", ie Whitfield, of which I already
have a copy!

Thanks for the clarification
David