Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.home.repair
Harry Chickpea Harry Chickpea is offline

Default Aquabot vs. Aquajet

Richard J Kinch wrote:

Takes power to clean stuff. Why do you want a cleaner that doesn't use
much power?

NO!!! It DOESN'T take power. It doesn't take a lot of power to clean
the debris that falls to the bottom of a pool, and that is where most
of the stuff ends up if you use a shock with a coagulant. Other pool
cleaning techniques than the Aquabot and Aquajet are horrendously
wasteful of power.

Looks like I'm the only one with experience with both the Aquabot and
Aquajet. My judgement? Aquajet, hands down.

The Aquabot has too many parts to fail. The Aquajet does not do quite
the job on the first pass that the Aquabot does, but it is simpler,
last longer, and costs a lot less to repair.

The average pool pump powered cleaner is a energy wasting, money
wasting, piece of sh*t. I had a Barracuda that lasted about one
season and required the heimlich manuver every time a twig or stem got
caught in the throat. Never again.