Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural,alt.politics,alt.california,chi.general
Chicago Paddling-Fishing Chicago Paddling-Fishing is offline

Default How Real Americans Can Compete with "Hard Workin" Day Labor

In chi.general Bob F wrote:

: "krw" wrote in message
: : If you consider $6/hour a job.
:
: : Is that why income tax receipts are at an all time high, even after
: : the reduction in the capital gains tax?
:
: Good question... I went looking to see what they said... it appears that
: fewer
: people are paying more than ever before... they don't explain why...
:
: Perhaps because the tax system is progressive like never before
: (10% of the people pay over half the taxes)?

: And that 10% has over 95% of the money.

Well, don't base that claim off what I posted, I only posted the adjusted
gross incomes, so that is after deductions... There is probably a lot of
$'s out there that aren't taxed... I was just curious when reading that
other comment if taxes were at new heights (I figured with all the tax cuts
and deficits they'd be at a low, but one thing I forgot, the congress giveths,
and the AMT taketh away...)

So, lots of those tax cuts could be eaten up by AMT tax hence the increase
in total taxes... I know I lose a large portion of what I would get back
each year to AMT...

--
John Nelson
Chicago Area Paddling/Fishing Page