Posted to alt.home.repair
srazor srazor is offline

Default Re CONTRACTORS Do they target women or do they pull the same ruseson men

This kind of ties in with my post about craftmen being thieves,

I explain to all my customers how I bill : I use a basic rate book with the various pay scales for each trade, show them the rate, briefly explain my overhead and profit mark ups and work involved for a particular project. I invite them to ask questions, etc I have been in business for only 4+ years and I am looking to add my 3rd employee. I am booking projects for next May. I feel good about my work and sleep well at night. I have no idea how other contractors in my city or any others work/conduct business but the practice I have developed seems to be working well. Strangely enough I have gotten referrals because, as the customer said, I called back and showed up when I said I would.