Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Charlie East Charlie East is offline

Default Sony KP51HW40

Looked at this set for a friend,.She stated the red would start flickering ,
the get bright and shut down. Blink code was 8 blinks. I turned the red
screen down a little and the set came on and stayed on for a while then it
started again, Slight flicker at first on red, keeps getting brighter then
shut down. the green and blue seem to hold steady, I downloaded a schematic,
But cant read it. so dont have any voltage reading. At first thought
flyback. But then wouldnt the blue and green be flickering to? I saw an
earlier post where some one had a 8 blink code and the techs suggested the
HV block. Anyone got any help on this one? With part #s
Charlie