Posted to rec.woodworking
ChrisGW ChrisGW is offline

Default Unusual experience in my workshop

Mekon wrote:
I walked in today after coming back from a New Zealand holiday and saw my TS
and felt a little nervous. The last time I used it I cut 2 fingers and
gouged a hole in my thumbprint. I think I came close to losing my left index
finger, a few mil to the right and I would have.
I know what I did wrong, I know how to avoid it happening again, I know I
will be more careful, and yet still I am a bit anxious. Could I be losing my
nerve? Will I get over it?

Mekon

Back in '82 I cut off two and a half fingers and damaged the others. They
reattached them, but I can not bend them very well. Two of them I can not bend
at all. It was almost a year before I turned on a table saw again. I remember
when I did that the whine of the motor made me nervous and I remember standing
there for almost a minute before I ripped my first board. After that it has been
no problem. I think today I am more safety conscious because of it which is a
good thing.

You just have to get back in the saddle.

Chris