Gunner

Default Scam?

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 07:20:11 GMT, Abrasha wrote:

Gunner wrote:

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 01:21:58 +0000, Ian Malcolm
wrote:

P.S Gunner, Our london local newspaper is the 'Evening Standard' If he
can email you a photo of the mill with the current issue folded heading
up laying on the table, with a message to you written in marker pen, Its
probably legit, but he has allready said he's out of the country so
would probably have an excuse ready. He'd have to return to prepare it
for shipping though, so any excuse shouldnt hold up.

As I indicated..Ive no interest in the mill,

So why did you bid on it, as you said in your original post?

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

To get a starting bid in
.. Shrug..I like Steve, he seems to be a good and honorable man, and I
know enough people whom have bought commercial machines from him to now
be able to recommend him. And thats saying a lot in an industry with
more than its fair share of scammers and con artists.

You seem to forget I do machine tool repair/sales/brokering in
commercial shops. My interfacing with HSM guys is for fun and enjoyment.
The other stuff is "work".

Im an individual with feet in both worlds, production shops, and home
shops. Sometimes its interesting to see how both sides handle things.
Ive helped HSM guys do a setup like a pro would do, and Ive passed on
HSM tricks to pros. Two different mindsets using machines doing similar
jobs.

Too bad your not out in California, Id take you to a swiss house and let
you dabble with a Tornos or Bechler screw machine that can turn out the
same part +/- .0001 for weeks at a time, dropping a part every 5 seconds
using 6 tools. Or a Viper gantry mill that is milling at 600 inches per
minute on a billet thats as big as your living room. Where they do tool
offsets by standing in the middle of the work piece, using cigarette
papers and a pendant control with a 25' cable.

Two different worlds, both fun to be involved in.

Gunner

"This device is provided without warranty of any kind as to reliability,
accuracy, existence or otherwise or fitness for any particular purpose
and Bioalchemic Products specifically does not warrant, guarantee,
imply or make any representations as to its merchantability for any
particular purpose and furthermore shall have no liability for or
responsibility to you or any other person, entity or deity with respect
to any loss or damage whatsoever caused by this device or object or by
any attempts to destroy it by hammering it against a wall or dropping it
into a deep well or any other means whatsoever and moreover asserts
that you indicate your acceptance of this agreement or any other
agreement that may he substituted at any time by coming within
five miles of the product or observing it through large telescopes or
by any other means because you are such an easily cowed moron
who will happily accept arrogant and unilateral conditions on a piece
of highly priced garbage that you would not dream of accepting on a
bag of dog biscuits and is used solely at your own risk.'