Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Stuart is offline

Default Check the box!

On 2006-11-14 20:25:32 +0000, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

15 mile round trip, lady without water for 45mins extra, late for
second job.

From now on I shall completely unpack anything I buy before I leave
the store.

Always....

I ask them to do it at the checkout before paying and check the parts
against the list inside the box.

The cost for you to go away, waste an hour and return is a great deal
more than 2-3minutes of checkout operator time....

I was at the back of a bloke who was about to do that...I told him there's
a floor assistant ask her to check the parts...this is a payment checkout
not a item chechout.

And he did.

That's up to him. If the department managers did their jobs
properly and ensured the integrity of packaging, this wouldn't arise.
As it is, unless the customer insists, it won't get done. There is no
better place than the checkout to encourage the retailer to do things
properly.

And no better place to get your head chewed off by others waiting in the
queue.!!!