nic

Default Hydraulics questions (a bit long)

I've read stories of them being used for presses and even
for forming motorcycle headers from flat edge welded sheet
by internal pressure, kinda like blowing up a balloon.
Some of them have pressure capabilities of 4000-6000 psi,
I've heard. This is a little more than the typical "farmer"
hydraulic pressure standard of 2100 psi. They usually don't
have the volume flow capabilities of the lower pressure
pumps.

Gunner wrote:

Can an automotive power steering pump be used for hobby uses such as a
press?