Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] jah213@gmail.com is offline

Default Home Depot and Gas Furnace Installation

Too funny! They did that to me, too! Fortunately, I'd already had it
inspected and while the inspector felt the furnace was "approaching the
end of its useful life" at 30 years old, he was also able to confirm
that there was nothing wrong with it yet (aside from inefficiency,
which was just the nature of the beast).

I have a son who used to sell cars, and he's trained me well in
recognizing a sales pitch when I encounter one.

Jo Ann

George wrote:
jah213@gmail.
My cousin (single woman) did the same thing. The guy immediately
informed her that she was in danger because of her heating system and
that it should be totally replaced ASAP. I hooked her up with a
reputable guy I know who checked out everything and made some small
repairs and adjustments for not a lot of money leaving her with a safe
system and money in her wallet.