Posted to alt.home.repair
Proctologically Violated©® Proctologically Violated©® is offline

Default Home Depot and Gas Furnace Installation

Just look at how they man--or don't man--their cash registers. Sez it all.
**** you, the consumer.
--
------

Absolutely Vote, but NOT for a Democrat or a Republican.
Ending Corruption in Congress is the *Single Best Way*
to Materially Improve Your Family's Life.
The Solution is so simple--and inexpensive!

all d'numbuhs

"Smarty" wrote in message
I have used Home Depot installers a couple times. They are subcontractors,
and not Home Depot employees. The experiences I had were that the subs
tried to minimize their effort by treating anything and everything as an
upcharge, and rushed the jobs to get them done quickly rather than
correctly. They have no stake in your satisfaction since their own
reputation and business name are never revealed directly. The $1000 door I
bought from Home Depot which they installed, for example, was treated like
a $100 door, and I had to go back to Home Depot to get a credit for
incomplete installation.

I personally have found that small local contractors seem to charge about
the same or perhaps a bit more, but do a better job. Home Depot runs its
business in a sloppy way IMHO when it comes to this type of stuff, but
perhaps this is just a local issue and others may feel very differently.

Smarty
"Doe John" wrote in message
Hi:

Home Depot sells Trane gas furnaces, and I would like to know if Home
Depot has their own people install the furnace or do they subcontract?
I remember a commercial a few weeks ago, where they showed a bunch of
guys in Home Depot uniforms installing a furnace. Doesn't sound
correct and downright silly. I am sure Home Depot can't possibly
install the furnace themselves. If they did, the workmanship and
installation can't be good.

For those of you who have used Home Depot to install a gas furnace,
how was the installation and service? I looked up Trane authorized
dealers in my area, but some of them have addresses that don't exist
or are PO boxes.They also list Home Depot as an authorized dealer, but
they scare me.