Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default Any mechanisms available for slide-out, drop-down drawers?

Tue, Nov 14, 2006, 3:24pm (EST+5) (Norm*Dresner) doth
proclaimeth:
I want to build a cabinet for some tools that are very flat and
generally thin. What I'd like is a set of drawers that slide out and
drop down to a, say, 45 degree angle so I can see the whole tool. Are
there any slide mechanisms available that do this or am I stuck using my
own, handmade, solution?

Well, if you want to look a bit I'm pretty sure there's some
mechanism out there that'll do it. Could be costy tho. And bulky.

If you want to make your own, I've seen some along those lines.
Some used a dowel extending out a bit on each side of the drawer, then a
stop on each side. There's different variations, but no rocket science
involved. Sit down and think on it for a few minutes and you should be
able to come up with something that'll work.

Or, you could just slide the drawer out completely, then either lay
it flat or at an angle, to look at the tool(s). I'd probably go for
this option.

JOAT
Democratic justice. One man, one rock.