Posted to rec.woodworking
rolsonDesign rolsonDesign is offline

Default top mounted bi-fold door

I'm building a window seat that has a bi-fold door on one end. I plan
on using a piano hinge cut to length for both pieces of the door. I
want to know how to mount the door in the window seat itself.

I know one end needs to be attached to the cabinet body with hinges. I
was thinking of dadoing channels for the other door piece to ride in
using pins or dowels. Am I approaching this correctly?

Has anyone built something like this before? What hardware is
available for the tracks and pins. Again, this is for a
windowseat/toychest so I don't need links to bi-fold closet doors.

Thanks
-ro