Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default Cool Gadget!

Mary Fisher wrote:
"jkn" wrote in message
ups.com...
Also currently on special offer (as a single) in Maplin, for £5.99.
"Turn off your Christmas tree lights without leaving your sofa"

There's nothing like laziness carried out well!

I often see people frantically looking for remotes for their telly, isn't
this just another thing to get lost?

Well in my case, the Xmas tree lights are plugged in the only available
socket which is in the corner behind the TV and tree... over the festive
season, every night it is the bane of my life to have to crawl behind
the telly, reaching under the tree which either impales me with pine
needles or drops them down my neck, as I stretch for the socket to turn
the bloody lights off before bed. Every year I swear I'll sort out a
better solution, but every year the lights go back in the box for
another 11 months without anything being done.

So I'll definitely be first in the queue for one of these things... wWho
knows, I might even actually enjoy Xmas as a result!

David