Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Harrison Mike Harrison is offline

Default Alarm Remote Reset

On 14 Nov 2006 10:35:41 GMT, Huge wrote:

When our burglar alarm goes off, it generates a 4 digit code
on the panel, which in order to reset it, one reads out to
the monitoring centre - they respond with another 4 digit
code which one types into the panel, and it allows you to reset
it.

These codes are obviously algorithmically related. How? I've never had
enough samples to work it out (and usually can't be bothered to write
them down when a spider in a PIR has awoken us at 2AM).

And are the codes common to all panels, or manufacturer specific?

I think the algoithm is (also) dependent on a code programmed by the installer, so 2 identical
panels probably don't have the same algorithm.

If you know the code the engineer uses to put the panel into maintainance mode, you can usually
reset using this instead.